03 Aug Now Hiring : Experienced Kitchen Manager
Laura’s Idea have been supplying health food stores with innovative vegan and vegetarian take-away foods for over 30 years. An expanding business with an increasing demand, we are now looking for an experienced Kitchen Manager who has worked in a similar role. We take pride in our recipes and are passionate about our food; therefore, we would like the person running the kitchen to also share the same passion and high standards for quality vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
The right candidate will take over the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and manage the entire production team. This job requires approximately 48 hours per week with work hours changing depending on the demand and number of orders. Workdays start at 6am and end at different times depending on the orders of the day. Full training will be provided as the selected applicant will need to fully understand our product range and become familiar with our standards.
Kitchen Manager Responsibilities & Duties:
- Order supplies, food and ingredients based on daily orders and inventory
- Hire, train and manage kitchen staff
- Monitor and maintain quality control measures throughout the day to ensure all staff are creating products that meet our standards
- Follow our processes and improve them within our accreditation guidelines
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct full weekly inventory
- Work with the Directors on new product development
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years’ culinary experience
- 3+ years’ management experience
- Background in vegan or vegetarian cuisine preferred
- Experience in food tech
- Understanding of HACCP processes
- Good written and oral communication in English
- Great at delegating and problem solving
- Able to work under pressure
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
If you thrive in a busy environment, enjoy managing a team and love to cook vegan, vegetarian or healthy food, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.